[nv-l] loadhosts grief

To: "NV List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] loadhosts grief
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:20:39 -0500
Hello Everyone.
NetView 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

I'm having trouble with adding routers via the loadhosts command after I
delete the object. The network objects already exist for the routers I'm
adding. If NV finds the object, it is placed correctly and connects to the
correct network objects.

For example:

loadhosts <<EOF
10.178.0.38 blahblah -m 255.255.255.252
10.178.8.38 blahblah -m 255.255.255.252
10.178.33.1 blahblah -m 255.255.255.128
10.178.34.254 blahblah -m 255.255.255.255
EOF

The router object is created and placed in the new object holding area. When
I move it into the map, it is connected to a 10.0.0.0 network object with
mask 255.0.0.0. This occurs even if the network object is unmanaged.

Anybody have experience with this problem and how to overcome it?

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Happy 4th of July !