RE: [nv-l] change manager hostname

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] change manager hostname
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:51:14 -0400
Throw in a 'xnmsnmpconf -clearCache' while you are at it.

If you installed Netview throught the Tivoli Framework, keep in mind
that it is NOT recommened to change the name of the box. Future
applications of Netview maintanance will probably fail due to name
inconsistencies in the Tivoli database. Since you did not mention
updating Framework, I assume that this is a V7 non-framework
install, but I wanted to be sure to point this out for others who
might get the idea from this exchange that it is ok to change
the hostname under all circumstances.

Detroit

                      Denis

                      Peuziat/France/Cont        To:       "Davis, Donald"
<donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
                      r/IBM@IBMFR                cc:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                                 Subject:  RE: [nv-l] change
manager hostname
                      07/05/2002 11:15 AM

Don,

I'm using neither DNS nor Samba. I think I'll try the famous reset_ci
script as Franck suggested. I'll let you know if it works!

thanks for the answer

Denis

                      "Davis, Donald"

                      <donald.davis@firstci        To:       Denis
Peuziat/France/Contr/IBM@IBMFR, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                      tizens.com>                  cc:

                                                   Subject:  RE: [nv-l]
change manager hostname
                      05-07-02 15:57

                      Please respond to

                      "Davis, Donald"

Denis,
A few things to check:
1. Are you using DNS ?  If Yes
   Have you updated DNS with the new name?
2. Are you running Samba ?
   I have seen NetView machines running Samba pickup the NetBios name !!!

Don Davis