[nv-l] Graphing MIB values with Web Client

Subject: [nv-l] Graphing MIB values with Web Client
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:23:33 +0100
I have a "headless" NetView 7.1.2 on NT beyond a firewall.  The idea is
to access this NetView generally via a web client as it is behind a
firewall.  One of the requirements is to be able to graph specific MIB-2
variables for nodes, if a problem is suspected - not at all
unreasonable.

If I use the Web Client MIB Browser, I can pick a (single) variable and
click "Graph" but my graph seems to be sampling data every second! and I
cannot find any controls to control the graph, other than the filter
button which allows me to (de)select instances.  I only seem to get
about 1-minute's-worth of data displayed and no way to save or extend
the time interval that I want to view.  If I want a second graph, I need
to start a second MIB Browser window.

The Web Console Users guide doesn't seem to help.  I am really looking
for the sort of standard function that you get with either NV on NT or
Unix that allows you to graph packets in, packets out, errors in, errors
out, SNMP, etc.  to help with problem determination.

Am I missing something really obvious???
Thanks,
Jane
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights