[nv-l] incorrect interfaces

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] incorrect interfaces
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:09:43 +0100
Hi list,

NV 7.1.2, w2k sp2

I'm having trouble with a set of devices which are Wellfleet series 7 routers.  Each device has the following interfaces;

isdn backup
10.64.231.254 (lan ethernet)
10.67.28.2    (wan)    (single interface card, multiple addresses)
10.68.28.2    (wan)    (single interface card, multiple addresses)

the two x.x.x.2 frame-streams come up to different sites which themselves are connected - they're just dr routes.  It's the route cost that controls which route is used - 1/2 the estate is one way, half the other.

I've checked through telnet and the lan/wan interfaces are up, & the isdn is down (a good thing).
In NetView, it has discovered the device, but is showing;
10.67.28.2 as down
10.68.28.2 is up
0.0.0.0 is up  (I'm assuming that's what it thinks the isdn line is on).
10.64.231.254 is up

Demand poll returns the same thing as what netview can see - it thinks one of the frame interfaces has an Oper status of down, but admin status of up.
If I use the snmp browser it shows me that there are 3 interfaces & they are all up.  The descriptions of the interfaces say they are one ethernet and two frame-stream.

Anyone got any thoughts about how to convince NV to agree with the router & what is that 0.0.0.0 interface???

Many thanks in advance

Karl

Karl Prinelle
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Elyzium Ltd
Enterprise Systems Management Consultants
Mobile: +44 (0)7813 189198

Elyzium Disclaimer:

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the information, or take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the sender (above) deleting this message from your system. Please rely on your own virus check no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.