[nv-l] Managing networks using MLMs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Managing networks using MLMs
From: john.j.mackney@accenture.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:22:24 +0100
This is fairly fundamental methinks.

1) If I set my MLMs to manage topology and traps, should I turn off poling
on my NetView server, or does NetView automatically stop poling and let the
MLM do it. My concern is that if I don't turn on NetView poling, NetView
won't discover the MLMs, but if I do turn on poling, maybe NetView will
start managing the same nodes as the MLMs.

I don't want to overload the network with poling from two sources?

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.