Re: [nv-l] Origin of trap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Origin of trap
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:14:58 -0400
It's not a problem, its a feature. Current maintenance levels give less of
these,
but they are generally normal if excessive news, and they come at netmon
startup. There was a big write-up on this a while back.

Detroit

                      Denis

                      Peuziat/France/Cont        To:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                      r/IBM@IBMFR                cc:

                                                 Subject:  [nv-l] Origin of
trap
                      09/02/2002 11:33 AM

Hi everybody,

NV 7.1, AIX 4.3.3

I' d like to know what could generate a "SNMP address changed to" trap?

I got a backup script running in crontab that stop netmon & ovtopmd before
backuping NV databases and other stuff and that restarts it afterwards. I
know that this is what starts the problem (I cross-checked time slots). But
after the process are restarted I get a "SNMP address changed to " trap for
each of my supervised equipment......is this normal?

Then again, I got 2 servers that I monitor through a MLM (NV can't reach
them) and when the previous problem appears, I lose all my MLM
configuration in NV (nothing left in netmon.trace after a netmon -a 102
command). and of course both servers goes Down in NV.....

thanks in advance for your contribution.....

Denis PEUZIAT
Tivoli Netview Administrator
IBM La Gaude
External phone: 33-0492115807