[nv-l] ovsnmp.conf

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] ovsnmp.conf
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:07:01 -0500
Hello forum.....

At issue here is this: We use the alternate community names table. As a result, when we do discovery, we pound on the unix servers with several different community names (results are the mib2 sub agent on the solaris box dies as documented on several occasions here) In addition, the community strings used in communityNames.conf get placed into the /var/adm/messages log on each of the Sun boxes, thus giving our sysAdmins in clear text ALL of the community strings we are using. So, I manually updated ovsnmp.conf using xnmsnmpconf but I am trying to avoid having to manually add 225 servers to the other two NetView servers I have running and I am looking for a way to keep them in sync.

I am tempted to whack /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf_db and copy it from the other system, but I know Leslie will scold me if I do.

Scott Barr
Network Systems Engineer
CSG Systems
Phone: 402-431-7939