Re: [nv-l] Ruleset for Router Down and Router Unreachable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Ruleset for Router Down and Router Unreachable
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:15:31 -0700
Do you know that you can select more than one event in the Trap Settings
function? nvcorrd does the 'or' for you. And of course you can have lots of
branches coming from the initial 'Event Stream' cube. It will just check
them
all in succession, and stop processing on each branch as soon as something
fails.

Detroit

                      Cliff_Crane@cargi

                      ll.com                   To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                               cc:

                      10/28/2002 09:17         Subject:  [nv-l]  Ruleset for
Router Down and Router Unreachable
                      AM

Has anyone developed a ruleset to test for both the router down or
router unreachable conditions?  We have had times when we get router
unreachable but no router down and vice versa but do not want to have
two different rulesets which would each send a page for different events
on the same outage.

Clifford L. Crane - Technical Consultant
Excel Corporation IT Business Continuation
151 N. Main Street
Wichita, KS  67201
Phone (316)291-2899   Fax (316)261-5902
cliff_crane@cargill.com

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0
Arial;}{\f1\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Courier New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\protect\f0\fs20 Has anyone developed a ruleset to test for
both the router down or router unreachable conditions?  We have had times when
we get router unreachable but no router down and vice versa but do not want to
have two different rulesets which would each send a page for different events
on the same outage.\par
\par
\f1 Clifford L. Crane - Technical Consultant\par
Excel Corporation IT Business Continuation\par
151 N. Main Street\par
Wichita, KS  67201\par
Phone (316)291-2899   Fax (316)261-5902\par
cliff_crane@cargill.com\par
\f0\par
\par
}