Re: [nv-l] Status Colors in Web Console

To: "Brian Green" <brian.green@cgi.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Status Colors in Web Console
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 15 Oct 2002 15:23:50 -0500
"Brian Green" <brian.green@cgi.com> writes:
> I have something happening here that I don't understand.
>
> Netviev 7.1.1 on AIX 4.3.3
>
> I have both the Web Console and X11 console open.  In the X11 console,
> everything that I care about is green, but in the Web console the same
> devices are appearing as Blue - unknown.  I don't know why this is
> happening - has anyone seen this before?

Could be color map issues with two applications contending for
colors.  If you're using netscape  try invoking it with the --private
switch (may be single hyphen, I'm not sure) to force a private color
map.

Caveat: it's been a while since I've worked with native displays or
worked with web browsers running on the unix host, but when I did,
this sort of color map issue would happen all the time with color
intensive aps.    Try opening hte web browser first with the X console
closed, and I wonder if your web console color problems magically
disappear.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/