Re: [nv-l] authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise cisco

To: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise cisco
From: john.j.mackney@accenture.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:36:11 +0100
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Joe,

No I didn't have that MIB loaded??? - I don't know why I said I did before.
I think I was reading the "Files in Default MIB Directory" as already
loaded.

AND... OK now I can browse that oid and see the correct product.
Thanks.

John

              Joe Fernandez

              <jfernand@kardinia.com>          To:
john.j.mackney@accenture.com
                                               cc:

              02/10/2002 13:39                 Subject: Re: [nv-l]
authenticationFailure trap received from enterprise   cisco

Hi John,

Apologies for the very long delay in replying to your reply - my day job
has kept me fully occupied for the last week or two!

I happen to be in front of a NetView Windows 2000 system at the moment, so
I checked that one.

I tried the the standard MIB loader, not the Web Mib loader. It did not
have CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB loaded. I attempted a MIB browse with the standard
MIB browser and got as far as :
iso.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoProducts

Below that were only about 4 entries:
ciscoGatewayServer
ciscoTerminalServer
ciscoRouter
..

I used the standard MIB loader to load  CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB-V1SMI.my.
Now when I browse, the symbols below
iso.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoProducts
are greatly increased.

I see a whole set of product specific symbols for the first time e.g.
cisco3000
cisco4000
..
..
cisco7505

I note you said you are running on Solaris 8.

Are you sure your standard MIB loader shows this MIB is loaded?

I'll try to check a Solaris 8 system tomorrow and see if it is different.

nv-l@lists.tivoli.com