[nv-l] Netview object database corruption

To: NetView Discussion <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview object database corruption
From: Robin James <robin.james@thalesatm.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:33:24 +0100
We have seen Netview object database corruption where one object did not
contain a specific field and other objects of the same type did. Objects
are the same type for the same type of node and ovobjprint prints the
same set of fields for all these objects.

I think it has been said that corruption has been seen on a reboot but a
reboot was not done in one of our two occurrences of database
corruption.

Has anyone seen the Netview database become corrupted in this way, that
is you lose one of the fields in an object?

The field that has been "lost" is one of the fields that have been added
by us and is not a standard Netview field.

We are using Netview 6 on Compaq TRU64 UNIX.

--
Robin James
email: robin.james@thalesatm.com