Re: [nv-l] SNMP v3 support?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP v3 support?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:06:02 -0500
No.  Sorry.  SNMP V3 is not currently supported by NetView, nor are there
any published announcements indicating when, or even if, it will.
So, no, I cannot comment on any plans for it.  As a mere "bug fixer"
that's all I know anyway.  If you have a business need to know, then I'd
suggest that you contact your IBM/Tivoli marketing rep and sign a
nondisclosure agreement so that you can discuss your needs with
development.

Believe me, adding SNMP V3 support to the product would be a big plus, so
if there were news, I'd post here as soon as it became available.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan@sra.com>
11/13/2002 12:20 PM