Re: [nv-l] SNMP v3 support

To: "KiYoul Kong" <bart@isiskorea.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMP v3 support
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 05 Nov 2002 12:58:44 -0600
"KiYoul Kong" <bart@isiskorea.com> writes:
> Hi, there
> I've got useful information in this mailing lists.
> Thanks for all the people in this web site.;-)
> And...I have a question..
> I know Tivoli Netview does not support snmpv3 in the latest version yet ..
> But When it will be support that???
> Anyone know what version of Tivoli NetView support? and...When??
> My Customer want to know it.
> As all of us knew..SNMP v1/v2 has a weakness in security,so he hesitates to
> use it.
>
> Please notify me the information.

No plans that we've been made aware of as customers since this seems
to come up every couple of months.  As someone who also thinks Tivoli
should be prioritizing this, I'd only encourage you to open an
enhancement request on this issue.  The more people they hear
requesting this feature, the more likely the request is to bubble up
to being planned in future releases.  The squeaky wheels get the
grease as it were....

Personally, I'd be happier if MLM could handle an SNMPv2 trap.  :-)

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/