[nv-l] Re: Netview Web Client (nvl) on RedHat 8

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Re: Netview Web Client (nvl) on RedHat 8
From: richard.barr@CenterPointEnergy.com
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:18:00 -0600
Cc: jshanks@us.ibm.com
Thank you James,

That was a very detailed "no" <grin>..... no pun intended.....

Already went to our local SE.  Waiting on a response, and waiting, and
waiting.
I don't believe a PMR would be of any help in the context of this request.

So., I was looking for a little insight, you gave me that, and I thank you,
I think !!!

As far as the web client piece.  I was looking for information on the
"java" client.

On our Netview 7.1.3 Server, here is a Linux flavor at
http://myNetview7.13Server:8080/download, however, it does NOT work with RH
8.0.  I believe
this is a so-called "full" client, all the bells and whistles.

The good news for me today was TEC 3.8's java client does work with RH 8.0.
So, now I will try TBSM's v2.1 java client.

regards....

-rb
                    James Shanks

                    <jshanks@us.i        To:
richard.barr@CenterPointEnergy.com
                    bm.com>              cc:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                         Subject:     Re: Netview Web
Client (nvl) on RedHat 8
                    11/04/2002

                    02:34 PM

Hello Richard,

Please direct all future queries to the nv-l list  so that others might
see them.  I am not the only Tivoli responder.

Unfortunately, I don't do Linux per se, nor do I do the web client.
When you say that it does not work with RedHat 8, I take it that you mean
that the stand-alone application does not work, because generally
speaking, the web client can be run through a web browser on almost any
system.   Have you tried that?

In any case, I am not aware of what does or doesn't run on RH 8, since I
only have 7.1 and 7.2 locally to play with.  And even if I knew the
answer, I could not say so, unless the information were already publicly
announced.  Since 7.1.3 is the latest code we have, I doubt that there is
anything published about RH 8 at this time.  So I cannot help you. If you
need a more definitive answer, you can try opening a problem to Support to
see whether they have anything they can tell you or asking your IBM/Tivoli
marketing rep, who can go through the marketing department and get you
answer if you have a business need to know..

Regards,

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

richard.barr@CenterPointEnergy.com
11/04/2002 03:01 PM