[nv-l] Problem installing NetView 7.1.3 as client

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Problem installing NetView 7.1.3 as client
From: Rusdyanto Tardjono <Rusdyanto@MULTIPOLAR.CO.ID>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:55:29 +0700
Hi list,

My existing environment:
        NetView server: Windows 2000 Advanced Server
        NetView: 7.1.3
        Database: SQL Server 7.0

I have problem when trying to install NetView client to Windows 2000
Professional edition.  I'm doing fresh installation and choose Client as
installation type.  When the installation process is up to configuring ODBC,
I have a problem as described following and the installation just failed.

Setting up the ODBC database...
Starting the SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)

InstallShield about to call ovdb.TellMe with szServerMountDrv = E; svVersion
=
TEST: setupodbc.c TellMe() just received szServerMountDrv, value = E
*** SQL Database selected is SQL Server from querying the NetView server
\\mpcs11
DatabaseType is SQL Server

*** Installing ODBC Drivers and Data Sources The database type is SQL
Server.
*** Current version of ODBC:
     Current version of C:\WINNT\System32\\odbc32.dll:  03.520.440302
*** Configuring Tess data source for SQL Server...
*** Configuring SnmpCollect data source for SQL Server...
*** Configuring topo2sql data source for SQL Server...
*** End of ODBC setup on NetView client for SQL Server
*** Setup of ODBC Drivers and Data Sources completed
Connection to data source tess_ds failed  1. () [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated
with a trusted SQL Server connection.

******************************* Message Box
************************************
The ODBC database failed its verification test.
Check that SQL Server is running correctly on the server.
See the installation log for details.
****
If you suspect a problem with ODBC or the drivers, use the ODBC setup
utility in the odbc subdirectory of the kit, and then reinstall NetView
*** ERROR: Return from SetupODBCDatabase is -1 (0 = good; -1 = dll error; -2
= ODBC not installed or version is below 3.5
Could not set up the databases correctly.

One thing I don't really understand is "Login failed for user '(null)'.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection."  Why it uses
user null?
I have also checked the ODBC and seem okay, I can test the connection to the
main NetView server. I tried reinstalling a couple of time and the problem
still persists.
I appreciate if someone can give me a clue or did I missed anything before
installation? By the way, I couldn't find NetView 7.1.3 redbook. Is the
redbook already out?

Thanks,
Rusdy