[nv-l] DHCP address problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] DHCP address problem
From: awatthey@mmm.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:59:00 +0100
Tivoli Netview 7.1
Windows 2000 SP3

This is one of the lines I am seeing in my NV.LOG file (I've changed the
highest part of the IP address to question marks in this email - it's not
really like that).

[netmon] DHCP range entry '@???.4.7.1-254' is not valid; ignoring this
entry.

My DHCP entries are valid (as far as I can see) so does anyone have any
idea why Netview is ignoring them.  I get about 200 of these messages.  One
for every line I put in.  It even knows they are DHCP entries because it
says so in the error message.

If I use the GUI to edit the netmon.seed file, it successfully finds and
displays all my lines correctly (include, exclude, DHCP, HSRP).  Resaving
it makes no difference to the error messages.

Regards,
Alan.