Re: [nv-l] Utilisation CPU

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Utilisation CPU
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:07:11 +1100
At 02:33 PM 3/12/2002 +0100, Paqui Martinez Moreno/OPENSOLUTIONS wrote:

> Hi :
> I want  to give the verage of the CPU busy for server COMPAC.
> For router cisco the Mibs is avgBusy5 ,but the server compac?. Someone knows
> this Mibs?.
>
> thanks
> Paqui Martinez Moreno
> E-mail: paqui.martinez@opensolutions.es
> Tfno.914160562

I think you need to use MIBs for the Operating System rather than the hardware
in this case.

The IETF standard Host Resources MIB defined in RFC 2790 has a
hrProcessorTable
which has an entry hrProcessorLoad. The Description says            "The
average, over the last minute, of the percentage of time that this processor
was not idle."

I don't know whether a Microsoft agent implements this but SNMP Research has a
product that implements it.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com