Re: [nv-l] MAC and IP Address

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MAC and IP Address
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:40:20 -0500
If this MAC address belongs to something you have already discovered, then
you will find it in the NetView object database in at least two places.
First, it will appear in the TopM Interface List of the node which owns
it, and it will appear in the SNMP IfPhysAddr field of the interface
record.   So you could just do ovobjprint to the file of your choice
(ovobjprint > myfile)  and then grep/edit  that file for the address.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

jmfrancoz@soluziona.com
12/04/2002 05:20 AM