Re: [nv-l] Copying Netview "/usr/OV" directorie to another server (imag

To: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice@saq.qc.ca>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Copying Netview "/usr/OV" directorie to another server (image)
From: Bill Evans <wvevans@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:43:38 -0500
Cc: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
No need to do a fresh install as long as the source and target of the files are the same level NetView.  The extraction needs be only the /usr/OV/databases and /usr/OV/conf files although you can copy /usr/OV.  You just don't have to restore everything. You need to do the mapadmin step so the backup machine can locate the maps.

If you ARE on two different levels of NetView between the machines, do a Backup of the production system using the admin tools then copy the /usr/OV.back.v6r0 migration file to the new machine and (re)install the NetView 7.1.  The net result is the same.

Be careful if the backup machine is a member of a Tivoli Management Region.  One of the configuration files is a unique one with the dispatcher ID for the local machine and must be kept intact.

Bill
D'Apice, Dominic wrote:

Hi, if i understand, i must install a brand new installation of netview 7.1 before doing what you tell me?

If not, Can I do this?

1-       copy the entire “/usr/OV” directories in my new server

2-       overwrites /usr/OV/conf (with the tar file) in my new server

3-       overwrites /usr/OV/databases (with the pax file) in my new server

+ reset_ci command...

And by this way I won’t be oblige to install a new installation of netview

Thanks

Dominic