[nv-l] new TEC classes, 7.1.0-> 7.1.2 upgrade

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] new TEC classes, 7.1.0-> 7.1.2 upgrade
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 26 Feb 2003 16:53:49 -0600
Greetings,

I have for those who have done an upgrade to NetView 7.1.2.

In a support call, I was told I'd be prompted as to whether or not I
wanted to apply the updated TEC classes for events from the TEC
adapter in 7.1.2 (the new classes are mentioned in the release
notes).

However, when doing a framework based upgrade, no such option was
given.

This has me wondering...is this interactive prompting something you
encounter during a standalone non-framework upgrade?

I'm curious because I'm writing procedures and what to make sure
people do _not_ upgrade the TEC classes (doing so would break our
existing alerting).

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.