[nv-l] monitoring of radio link through firewall

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] monitoring of radio link through firewall
From: anand anupam <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:02:17 +0530
Hi,

We are running NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3

We have one router beyond firewall and one radio link is from this router to one of the service provider( outside our network).  The NetView is installed inside the internal network i.e. inside the firewall. Now, we wanted to monitor the following things through NetView for this radio link:-

  • Uptime of this radio link.
  • Packet loss and
  • Latency delay
    Please suggest how to monitor these things and what access has to be granted by firewall. Is configuring SNMP on this router is must or by just opening 161/162 port for NetView server is OK? Is some access/configuration also required on the service provider router.

    Looking forward to hear from you all please.

    Regards,
    Anupam

    The information contained in this message is BPCL's Confidential and Proprietary information and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, he/she is hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of its content is strictly prohibited. In such case, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BPCL.