[nv-l] Monitoring a VPN Concentrator

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Monitoring a VPN Concentrator
From: "Clinkscales, Charles" <cclinkscales@firstam.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 06:45:10 -0600
Hello All,

I am running Netview version 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

I have a Cisco Series 3000 VPN Concentrator.  When VPN connections are made, Netview discovers the interface and adds it to the map, under the VPN Node. When the VPN connection is terminated, the virtual interface is no longer present and Netview changes the status to red.  We need a way to ignore the virtual interfaces or at a minimum, discover them as unmanaged. Because these nodes are interfaces and not nodes, we are unable to exclude the IP ranges in the seed file and using the "discover unmanaged" option in SNMP Configuration does not work either.

How do others manage these types of devices?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Charlie Clinkscales
First American Real Estate Information Services, Inc.