[nv-l] Sending traps as email

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Sending traps as email
From: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 05:19:44 -0600
Goodmoning list,

I am in search of a modified Netview file that was used to send trap notifications via email.  This is an application I inherited by an acquisition of another company.  I am at a loss as to where this might be located and am hopeing that someone out there has run into this in the past.  I remember seeing and modifying this file about 2 years ago and am experiencing a "Senior moment".  What I remember of it is that there is an entry for a given trap and then an instruction was added to each trap entry to send an email message to a specified recipient.

The problem here is that we have experienced a couple of "trap storms" at such a rate that our email system cannot process them.  We then have our var directory reaching 100% of capacity with the attendant problems.  We have now implemented the full TEC integration with hooks to our problem management system makeing this legacy application unneeded.

Please earch your memory banks?  I would be very appreciative of any information possible.

Thank you very much in advance.

Mike

Mike Walsh
****Please Note - New EMAIL Address  mike.walsh@us.ing.com*********