Re: [nv-l] import oid field in non snmp device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] import oid field in non snmp device
From: "Francois Le Hir" <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:27:42 -0500
I don't think it is needed to be able to ping an interface to add it with
the loadhost command. I think it can be created as down and then unmanaged.
There is an option in loadhost to not try to ping an interface when it is
created.
Anyway, It would be difficult to add a loopback interface somewhere for
each of the 200+ routers that we are talking about.

is it not possible to import a value for the object in the database in
order for Netview to see it as a router ?

Thanks,
Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services