RE: [nv-l] Ruleset Lag Time

To: "Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Ruleset Lag Time
From: "Ray Westphal" <westphal2002@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:56:41 -0600
Scott,

I used to have my trapd queue size set to 30000. However, it just consumed
memory I needed for user interfaces. If there was a trap storm or major
network outage - it never did much good. I lowered it to 5000 and I seldom
have trouble if I watch my trap rate. I'd leave the receive buffer size
alone.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car