RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 Linux SnmpCollect Data

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 Linux SnmpCollect Data
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:34:24 +0100
I've not used it yet, but the TEDW interface to netview currently only
allows for trap data to be sent to TEDW for reporting.  Apparently later
this year (I think it's supposed to be 1st half), the TEDW module will
be updated to pick up snmpcollect data.  Something I learnt from the ITM
side recently is that the collected data for TEDW is aggregated to be
hourly - this _may_ also be true for the snmpCollect TEDW module when it
arrives.

Until then if you need it in a database you'll need to script running
snmpColDump against the files in /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect, parse
the ouput and write it to sql yourself.

Karl