Re: [nv-l] PING POLLING

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] PING POLLING
From: "Dietmar Gaulhofer" <DIETMAR_GAULHOFER@at.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:41:33 +0200
set on the netview box

check with arp -a how many entries you have - and if you find your servers
there .

only an idea

reamd@Nationwide.com on 03.04.2003 16:38:20

To:    nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
cc:
Subject:    [nv-l] PING POLLING

Hi All,
          I have a couple servers that I am monitoring with netview with
ICMP only. The polling is at the default 5m cycle. The problem is that the
server node icons alarm and then five minutes later they clear and 5
minutes later they alarm. I adjust the polling cycle and they alarm and
clear according to the new polling cycle. I run a constant ping and average
20ms to 30ms and never drop a ping. What can I do to prevent the false
alarms. I do not have snmp to these devices.

Thanks, Dave

AIX 5.1
7.1.3...

*NOTE*