Re: [nv-l] snmp data collection

To: "Jorge A. Jiles" <Jorge.Jiles@ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] snmp data collection
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:28:31 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

Ok, to be clear, let me make sure that you are specifying the list of
instances on the Data Collection dialog, and not in the mibExpression.conf
file, right? In the mibExpression.conf file, all oid references end with a
'.' , right? That way the instances can be appended and make a legal oid.
Yes, your syntax is correct as far as I can tell. I would turn on verbose
tracing (snmpCollect -V and snmpCollect -T). It will put a LOT of
information in the snmpCol.trace as it evaluates the snmpCol.conf file on
startup. The problem will probably become evident then. Then you will
probably get to call that in to Support and send them the trace and the
snmpCol.conf file.

Detroit

                      "Jorge A. Jiles"

                      <Jorge.Jiles@ualb        To:       Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                      erta.ca>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [nv-l] snmp data
collection
                      04/15/2003 02:33

                      PM

No, it has not shown up. It is weird, because if I use the default sintax
of instances separated by comas (26,27,etc) in my mib expresion,
snmpColllect gathers data appropriatelly, but if I use from list: 26-28 it
does not complained at all, but it does not gathers data. Is the sintax OK?
can I use "-" for ranges? If not, how can I specify ranges?
there are no erros in the snmpColTrace log either.
I'm running Netview 7.1.2 for Unix (Solaris 8)

nv-l@lists.tivoli.com