[nv-l] (AIX) Netview Server Failover design Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] (AIX) Netview Server Failover design Questions
From: "Roberts, Jovan (J.B.)" <jrobe139@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:43:57 -0400
Hello All:

We are trying to implement an automated failover design solution for our AIX
netview box.  We have a web client environment.

Quesion#1:  In a web client environment, what is a really good failover design
solution that is fully automated?

Question#2:  Has anyone designed a failover solution that included CSMs
(content switching module).  If so, what was your design and what has been your
experience, especially when an event storm occurred?

Jovan Roberts
Ford Motor Company
ITI - Edison Project Office - NMS COE
313-323-2500