Re: [nv-l] X-Session problem with ssh on AIX4.3.3/NV7.1.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] X-Session problem with ssh on AIX4.3.3/NV7.1.3
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:37:13 +0200
Michael,

try to change the value of X11UseLocalhost from yes to no in sshd_config
and restart sshd.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

                      "Stickling,

                      Michael"                 To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                      <michael.sticklin        cc:

                      g@is-4.de>               Subject:  [nv-l] X-Session
problem with ssh on AIX4.3.3/NV7.1.3

                      21.04.2003 13:56

Hi all,

with Netview 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3 I always used a ssh-session from my linux
box to the NetView box.
Through this ssh-session I could open an X-session for 'ovw' and everything
worked fine.
After updating NetView to 7.1.3 and applying the Fixpack 1 the X-Session
terminates with the following
message in nv6000.log:

XIO:  fatal IO error 32 (There is no process to read data written to a
      pipe.) on X server "localhost:12.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    The connection was probably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.

The ssh connection is still working fine. I can do a 'serversetup' or
display an 'xterm'.
Even the 'Tivoli Desktop' is displayed as expected.
Only 'ovw' is not coming up.
I always use the 'netview' script which itselfs calls 'ovw'
Has anybody seen the same behavior?
Any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards