RE: [nv-l] Several things - loading mibs and forwarding specifi c tra

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Several things - loading mibs and forwarding specifi c traps to a specific IP address in addition to TEC1
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 17:43:00 -0400
Did you execute the first output file?  it contains a script full of
addtrap commands.  These are what add the traps to trapd.conf.  You just
type the name of the file you created on the command line when you are in
the  directory where you created it.  You must be root (to update the
trapd.conf file) when you do it.  If you get a message that the command
isn't found and yet you can see the file when you do an "ls", then issue
it like this "./file_name"  with a dot and a slash in front.

George, I don't mean to be rude but perhaps you should consider getting
some UNIX admin and NetView admin training.   IBM offers classes and even
on-site
consulting to help.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Pearson, George" <GPearson@bcbsm.com>
05/02/2003 04:19 PM