[nv-l] Netview and HACMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview and HACMP
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:32:19 -0400

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

Hi All,

We are getting ready to implement HACMP for our Netview environment. I have following questions:

  • Has anyone who has done this encountered problems / pitfalls / concerns that we should be aware of?
  • We plan to share our database and home-grown scripts via shared drives between the two Netview servers, but are debating the advantages and disadvantages of sharing the Netview binaries vs. keeping them on the two servers local drives. Any comments?
  • Does a Netview install / upgrade only update files under /usr/OV directory structure? Or there are other filesystems like /usr/lpp that get updated?

Any feedback will be very helpful.

Cheers,

Fawad Qureshi