[nv-l] Web Console app with 7.1.3 and Windows

Subject: [nv-l] Web Console app with 7.1.3 and Windows
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 22:28:34 +0100
I must be doing something silly here....
I have a new NV 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1. I have an existing Web Console on an existing Win2K system, installed from a different NV 7.1.3. This Console works fine to both the old and new NetViews.

I have downloaded and installed nvwcinstall.exe to 2 separate, different Windows boxes, from my new NV. One box is Win2K Server Sp2, the other is NT4. Both installs went fine. Whenever I try to start either Web Console, I get an initial window very briefly, then I see the window with a line saying " entering Main..", then I see (very briefly) a whole bunch of what looks like Java exceptions, then the whole window disappears. I never get a logon screen.

The nvwcinstall .exe brings down it's own Java - right? So there are no pre-reqs? I've tried running java -version in the jre/bin directory where the console installed and it says it is running 1.3.1.

I don't know how to turn on debugging for the Web Console - any clues? There's nothing on the NV system in either /usr/OV/logs or /usr/OV/www/logs - I don't think we are getting that far.

Someone tell me what I've forgotten - please?
Thanks,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights