RE: [nv-l] DISPTEC and DISPSUP function

To: "'Gareth Holl'" <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] DISPTEC and DISPSUP function
From: "D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:51:28 -0400
Cc: "Netview - List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Thanks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Gareth Holl [mailto:gholl@us.ibm.com]
Envoyé : May 15, 2003 5:21 PM
À : D'Apice, Dominic
Cc : Netview - List (E-mail)
Objet : Re: [nv-l] DISPTEC and DISPSUP function

"dispsub" listens for traps sent from the TEC Server (via the trapd daemon) when a user requests to display a NetView submap and highlight a node associated with a TEC event. dispsub actually opens the required submap and highlights the required node based on the details in the received trap.

"disptec" is used when a user has highlighed a NetView node and requests to see all TEC events for this device. disptec essentially uses the TEC wtdumper command to display all the events for this device in an xnmappmon pop-up window.

Both dispsub and disptec are started for each native (X-windows) NetView GUI. So you would see multiplies based on how many GUIs you have open. If you are not using this integration with TEC, you can modify the appropriate (I think ovw) registration files to stop them from being started when GUIs are started.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"D'Apice, Dominic" <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc.ca>

05/15/2003 04:04 PM