Re: [nv-l] Libraries of Netview

To: Anabella_Gonzalez@banesco.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Libraries of Netview
From: George deSocio <desocio@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:56:52 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

Hello Anabella

Run NetView 7.1.3 on RedHat 7.2 or below, as documented in the release notes, and you should have no shared library problems.

You may be having a problem with library incompatibility because of changes made in later releases of glibc on Linux.
For example, I've seen similar problems trying to install NetView 7.1.3 on RedHat 9 in preliminary testing.  There is no solution currently.
However your description of the problem has no detail, so that is only a guess.
You should copy and paste a scenario from your system to this list if you still wish to persue a more detailed answer.  But I'm sorry to say
the bottom line will be the first statement above :-(

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709
Expand your Tivoli product knowledge by participating in Support Technical Exchange:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/supp_tech_exch.html

Anabella_Gonzalez@banesco.com

06/19/2003 10:12 AM