[nv-l] RE: nv-l Digest 2 Jul 2003 12:28:12 -0000 Issue 312

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RE: nv-l Digest 2 Jul 2003 12:28:12 -0000 Issue 312
From: "Cowan, Christopher" <Christopher_Cowan@sra.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:03:54 -0400

Chris Cowan
Sr. ESM Consultant
SRA International

Hi Jane,

We're running it here at the Army base I work at, but I didn't do the
implementation.

I received a bunch of SNMPv2 MIB files from our implementation engineer, off
the media OR I downloaded it from one of the repositories listed on
http://www.snmplink.org (Really can't remember where I got them from and it
was probably before I found the smidump SMIv2 -> SMIv1 converter utility).

I abandoned the approach because the implementer said he had found some
files with the product relating to Tivoli integration on the OpenManage
media.  Since I was having major problems getting the MIBs to compile, I
dropped the MIBs.    Far as I remember the bundled Tivoli integration was
some baroc classes, and  Event Adapter filters to scrape the info from the
NT/Windows event log.   No SNMP involved whatsoever.