[nv-l] Moving to new TMR/TEC

To: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Moving to new TMR/TEC
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:32:30 -0500
Hi.  We are running Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1.  The Netview server is a managed
node under a 3.7.1 TMR, and we send events to a 3.7.1 TEC.

The group that manages the TMR and TEC told me that we will be moving to a new
version of TMR and TEC.  The new TMR is also on a new server.  Apparently
moving to the new TMR will require removing the managed node software on the
Netview server and reinstalling it under the new TMR.

We have tested sending events to another TEC running 3.8 and that seems fine.

My question, is what will the move to the new TMR do to Netview?  Will I still
be able to install patches using the Tivoli desktop?  Will I have to reinstall
Netview?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.

Craig