[nv-l] Dual NIC and subnets on Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Dual NIC and subnets on Netview
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:09:51 -0400

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

I would like to understand the implications of adding a second NIC in the Netview server connecting to a different subnet. For example, the existing NIC on a 172.X.X.X and the second NIC on 192.X.X.X. We would like to monitor some routers sitting on the 192 network and only way to get to this network would be to connect directly by adding a second NIC in the Netview server.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Fawad Qureshi