[nv-l] Slow Map Startup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Slow Map Startup
From: "Mike Walsh" <Mike.Walsh@us.ing.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:57:45 -0500
Good morning everyone,

Netview 7.1.3 running on SOL 2.8

My delema is that when I try to start up netview -dconsole it will take an
exceptionall long time to start.  This is a rebuild of our server,
upgradeing from SOL 2.7 to SOL 2.8 with a format of the hard-drives and a
clean install.  When first installed I did not experience any problems.
Then I went ahead and started to install CiscoWorks 2000 4th edition.  I
was immediately warned thst CW2K 4th edition was not compatible with SOL
2.8.  Aftter contacting the Cisco TAC I was told that if I had the
prerequisit  Solarus patches installed I could go ahead and install.  (
This is another story I don't went to bore you with ).  Once I had
installed the CW2K CD1 on the machine my troubles started.  I have since
"uninstalled CW2K without any improvement in startup time.

Has anyone run into this and could you please pass on your wisdom to me.  I
would appreciate any help or guidance ( Before I turn to the Tivoli TAC )

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Walsh
****Please Note - New EMAIL Address  mike.walsh@us.ing.com*********