Re: [nv-l] ovtoposql command , RIM , Sybase

To: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ovtoposql command , RIM , Sybase
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:08:14 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Stephen ...
Yes I am reading the DB Config Guide 7.1

Yes the Netview server(host2) is a Managed Node

The Tivoli Environment Variable  is sourced

 I did install Netview (host2) from the TMF 4.1 server (host1) and I checked if it is a Managed Node using the wmannode command from the TMR server ...

- When I run the wrimtest -l command from the TMR server, the connection is fine
- When running the wrimtest - command from the netview server I get following message:
root@host2-> wrimtest -l netview@host2
Resource Type  : RIM
Resource Label : netview@host2
Cannot find Object for RIM : netview@host2

When running the RIM_Sybase_Agent command from the netview server (host2), the conection is fine ....

- I have sourced the Tivoli/setup_env.sh, the OV/bin/NVenvironment.

Q1: What Am I Missing here ?

Thanks,
meyos,
Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Meyos,

I hope that you are reading the NetView UNIX Database Guide. (part of the
NetView 7.1 books)

Is your NetView Server a managed node? It needs to be, otherwise it
cannot connect to the RIM object. Your wrimtest must be successful from
the NetView server before any of the NetView database scripts can work.
Don't forget to source the tivoli environment before running the commands.

Stephen Hochstetler shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678) FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com