RE: [nv-l] SOlaris 9 support

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SOlaris 9 support
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:49:18 -0400

My apologies.
I thought SOLARIS 2.9 was added with the 7.1.3 FixPack1, which is the current level of 7.1.3.  But I see I was mistaken.
I know I have run 7.1.3 FP1 on 2.9, but it probably did not go thru a full release-level Verification cycle.  It has to do that before we can say that it is supported.  I suspect that won't happen until 7.1.4 is officially released, later this year.

You could still migrate to 2.9, with the FixPack, of course.   I don't know of any reasons why not, but if it should turn out that there is some OS reason why some feature or other doesn't work, then you'd have to wait for 7.1.4.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Ingersoll, Robert" <bob.ingersoll@usaa.com>

08/14/2003 12:36 PM