[nv-l] Netview/MLM x Firewall

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview/MLM x Firewall
From: "Kelly Silberstein" <ksilbers@br.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:40:06 -0300
Cc: "Joao R Alberto" <jocaa@br.ibm.com>
Everyone,

Can help us to answer the question below?

Thanks.

      Hello.
      The customer uses Netview (AIX) to manage the machines at his
security site and now he also would like to manage also some machines at
DMZ site. The first idea we had was to use MLM function to do it, putting a
MLM at DMZ connecting to another MLM at security site via firewall, but the
default of this communication is via SNMP, and we believe the security
depto from this customer will not agree to open FW SNMP port.
      Is there any other way to do this communication between MLM's to
centralize the management at the Netview Server  on the security site ? Any
idea at this moment is valid.
      Tks in advance.

  Joao Ricardo da Costa Alberto  -  TU15
  Infrastructure System Management