Re: Re: [nv-l] (nv-l) Multiple e-mail addresses in nvmail command

To: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [nv-l] (nv-l) Multiple e-mail addresses in nvmail command
From: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang@sysway.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:5:35 +0800
Cc: "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

Hi,James Shanks:

Netview 7.1.3 Win2000

I used to experienced the same problem but there was only one recipient involved. When I opened the Task Manager on Windows, I could see serveral nvmail instances were running and there instances consumed the CPU resource. That meant, I suppose, certian traps had triggered nvmail to work. But why there were serveral instances out there? I still don't know.

The solution to my problem is that  use absolute directary for nvmail instead of a relative one.

======== 2003-08-29 12:28:00 您在来信中写道: ========

Apparently your customer did not read the Programmer's Reference on nvmail, where it specifically states that only one recipient can be specified in the command.  If you want to send multiple e-mails then you will have to create your own bat file (or other scripting language file such as PERL, REXX, or TCL) with multiple nvmail commands in it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Shyam B Marathe" <shyam.marathe@in.ibm.com>

08/29/2003 03:45 AM