[nv-l] NetView Server/Client Question

To: "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NetView Server/Client Question
From: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang@sysway.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:42:49 +0800
Hello, List:

This morning, When I opened my mailbox, I saw so many mails from list. That is
really great. You know, for more than 10 days or so, I have got nothing.

Now here comes my question.

Netview 7.1.3/Windows 2000 Server

I am now evalating the Client/Server Mode of Netview. The server and client can
be installed successfully and from the Netview server console, the
clientpermission has modified to the following "10.10.0.210 NetView".
10.10.0.210 is the IP for the NetView Server. All the other clients only have
read-only right.

Also, there are several maps created on the netview server. My questions are:
1) Form a netview client, I cannot read the Maps created on the servers. If I
want to view those maps, I have to delete all the files in
usr\ov\databases\openview\mapdb and MAUNALLY copy the files from the server in
the same directory. Are there some ways for me to view the maps created on the
netview server from a read-only client?

2) Based on question 1, the map on the readonly client can not synchronize with
the map on the server. Is there a way to synchornize the map on the client to
the map on the server?

Thank you all.

Bruce Yang
0086-755-26743243