Re: [nv-l] A Question about Seed File and Spary Ping

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] A Question about Seed File and Spary Ping
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:09:47 -0400

Yes. This is not CiscoWorks. Put all of the routers you want in there.
Consider putting the loopback address of each of your routers in there.
Make sure they are SNMP-enabled, and stick to one address for each device.

Detroit

                      杨海波

                      <hbyang@sysway.co        To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] A Question
about Seed File and Spary Ping
                      09/17/2003 10:53

                      PM

Hi, List.

Win2000+Netview 7.1.3

There are more than 40 routers should be guaranteed to be discoveried and
monitored. Other workstations need not be discovered or monitored. I set
'discover backbone' from netview console. But some other technicians told
me, my netivew box sends a lot of ping to their workstations and these
workstations are neither netwrok backbone devices nor boxes with snmp agent
installed. what's more, they are not displayed on my netview default map.
(My netview box is clear from Blaster Virus.)

Why does this happen? How should I solve this problem?

I want to edit my seed file to solve this. but the IP addresses for the
routers are not a range of IP. So I cannot put them into the Limited
Discovery section. My question here is: Can I put more than one IP address
into the 'Initial Discovery Seed' section? In other word, Can I put all my
routers into the 'Initial Discovery Seed' section?

Thank you in advances.

Bruce Yang
hbyang@sysway.com
bruceyoung@263.net