RE: [nv-l] SNMP polling

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMP polling
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:47:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:53:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
You cannot possibly be doing more polling for data than I am.

I don't do the F5 box but I do poll TONS of stuff out of the core switch
complex along with our content switch complex and our internet DMZ firewalls /
routers / accelerators.

I would be very surprised if you could get NetView to break a sweat doing data
collection. 10 minutes is quite suitable. I would say you'd be good at least
out of the gate. I am currently running on Sun blade 100s but my ultra 10
development systems had no trouble with it either.

Obviously, ramp up slowly - one box at a time but I don't think you are going
to have an issue on current software with a solid performing box.