Re: [nv-l] RULESET ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] RULESET ?
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:58:11 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:03:06 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
"Barr, Scott" wrote:

> I would suggest just setting up a smartset for the regular expression
> (hostname = "ups*") and then passing that to your action nodes if the node
> falls into the smartset. No need to query the database, smartset does that
> already for you.

Thanks for responding,

It's a little more complicated than the question I asked.
I already have my existing "ups" devices in a SMARTSET.  The problem is I have
created a new FIELD called "isOnBatt" that accepts boolean value "YES" or "NO".
As each new ups is added to database I wanted to set this field in each "ups"
device, to "NO".    ( It gets set to YES if ups goes on battery and back to NO
if it goes back to AC)
I can do that with RULESET SET DATABASE FIELD but I must only set the new nodes
that have name starting with "ups-".
So I was trying to match first, with QUERY DATABASE FIELD hostname of att. #2,
which is the only variable passed with NADD_EV event.

I think that doing externally with script is only way.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Systems & Networking
Princeton University