RE: [nv-l] Configuring backups for NetView 7.1.2 / 7.1.3

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Configuring backups for NetView 7.1.2 / 7.1.3
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:18:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:25:48 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

Check with ovstatus: netmon, ovwdb, and ovtopmd get paused. nvhotbackup is
a script, so you can see that it does a pause and a resume.

Detroit

                      "Michael J.

                      Freeman"                 To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      <mfreeman@wamnet.        cc:       "'Seminara, Sandro'"
<SSeminara@fnis.com>
                      com>                     Subject:  RE: [nv-l] Configuring
backups for NetView 7.1.2 / 7.1.3

                      09/26/2003 03:29

                      PM

Does anyone know what actually gets paused when you execute a NetView
backup? Will snmpcollect still be collecting data and populating a
database?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael J. Freeman