Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 and AIX 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 and AIX 5.1
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:40:15 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:44:07 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

About your undiscovered access messages - they mean what they say. Look for
networks on your map that are not connected to the rest of the map and find
the missing links. Also, make a Smartset of unmanaged networks or segments,
and manage them. Those messages are from RFI. RFI needs complete paths to
accurately report the reachability of subnets.

Detroit

                      "Qureshi, Fawad"

                      <Fawad.Qureshi@ss        To:
"'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      a.gov>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3
and AIX 5.1
                      09/22/2003 07:05

                      PM

Hi,

I have been running Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1 for about two weeks now, and
have lost the Netview daemons twice in this time. I am trying to figure out
if this is AIX 5.1 related or something else. I have not noticed anything
peculiar in the log files though. I have another Netview server with 7.1.3
and AIX 4.3.3 with similar configuration monitoring the same network that
has no such problem.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Also I have hundreds of the following entries in my netmon.trace:

Undiscovered access to 172.XX.XX subnet detected.
There must be an unmanaged undiscovered router in this subnet.
Undiscovered access to 172.XX.XX subnet detected.
There must be an unmanaged undiscovered router in this subnet.

Is that due to having lots of routers / subnets in my "New Object Holding
Area"?

Cheers,

Fawad