Re: [nv-l] WG: configuration of traps

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] WG: configuration of traps
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:23:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:33:35 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

1.  If your rulesets in ESE automation stop working, then you should check netstat -a when this happens and see whether any of the scokets used by nvcorrd are backed up with large numbers of traps.  After the send and receive buffers (size 32767 bytes) fill, the processes simply stop as they can neither send nor receive.  This may happen if you have a ruleset in ESE.automation which does a Forward or has the Event stream node set to PASS.

2.  What you see is what you get.  There is no conditional processing for slots.  Your events get all that are defined in trapd.conf.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Mildeberger, Thorsten" <thorsten.mildeberger@eds.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/27/2003 10:12 AM